Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge

I have 2 different cards for OWH sketch #142.  I've been busy making a lot of Christmas cards so I can get my box mailed out and I liked this sketch and wanted to get it in. 

This card uses HOTP Winter Delights paper pack - I really like the soft colors with the pop of red.  I have 3 ribbons across the top: white grosgrain is topped with a plastic mesh, sparkly ribbon (nothing rubs off) and then teal baker's twine.  I bought all the ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I also used Zing embossing powder and Candi.  Stamp is HOTP.

The second card has a very different look to it.  These papers are from Christmas Splendor paper pack also from HOTP.  I picked these papers to enter the Paper Wishes Message Board October Color Challenge of red and brown.  I matted all the papers with ivory cardstock from Winart and ivory ribbon from RRR.  I added Zva Creative champagne bling to this card and backed the sentiment with gold mirror paper.
If you've never checked out Really Reasonable Ribbon, I recommend you do so.  They have a great selection and their customer service is terrific.  I've made several orders and each time the estimated shipping has been high and the difference was refunded to me - pretty unusual since most places have flat rate shipping that often seems a tad high.

Thanks for stopping by; as always I'd love to read whatever you want to write!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards. I like that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked my card. I know what you mean about the hoarding thing. It is SOOOO hard for me to use my ColorMe paper!

    ReplyDelete