Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fun with Templates!

I recently received my October Paper Wishes Template Personal Shopper.  This month the template was the Christmas Gift Card Holder, because I subscribe to the Personal Shopper program, I get the template, papers and a newsletter with sample projects and instructions. 


 There was also a recent webisode which demo'ed the template and had more samples.  Because most of the cards I make are for Operation Write Home, I had to downsize the cards so they would be A2 size.  I made the mitten, snowman and tree as the gift card holders, but I also wanted to expand their use.  This is a card I made using the mitten:





I also played with the mitten template and was able to make a mitten shaped card:
The Stickles really sparkled in person.  For both cards, I cased the HOTP design - I would never have put blue snowflake paper with green plaid, but they look great together.




There was quite a bit of paper left over when I was done, so I decided to play with another template I just got the Christmas Iris Folding Template.  I made the snowflake using 3 different snowflake papers by HOTP and a scrap piece of white glitter paper for the iris.  This ended up being a 6x6 card; I framed the snowflake with paper cut from Spellbinder's dies added white, then blue ribbon on the bottom.  The sentiment is a sticker.  As a final touch, I sprayed the whole thing with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Silver; it added a wonderful touch to the finished card!
 As always, thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment