Friday, January 21, 2011

PaperCutz Challenge #75

Happy Friday everyone!  It is snowing again here in Maine, so this is a good day to stay inside my scraproom with a good cup of coffee.  This week at PaperCutz Challenge is an anything goes week.  Make a project or layout in any theme/colors you like.
I created this mini-album for Cheryl at Inspired Designs to highlight a wonderful collection of notecards from Prima called Paisley Road.  Each design is gorgeous and a great value!  You get a total of 30 cards and 6 designs and a really cool box (I love boxes) for only $5.00!  Now, I know these are notecards, but I thought they would make a great mini-album and as soon as I saw the card with the "family is" prompt I knew what I wanted to do.  My album is 12 pages, I also used the backs of the cards to showcase my kids back when they were little (my DD at 5'9" considers herself the "runt" of the litter).










Paper and embellishments are HOTP and stamps used above are Inkadinkado.  On a couple of the pages, I cut around the printed design to edge the pictures under them - they are too beautiful to cover up.


For the back pages I traced the shape and then embossed a background using Cracked Earth stamp by Stampscapes and Zing embossing Powder. I love these word paperclips from 7 Gypsies which I got from HOTP.  They are flat so no bulk and they add just a little "touch".




Join us this week and you could be the monthly prize winner!  As always, I appreciate any comments or feedback.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! I enjoyed each and every page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Penny - wonderful! Clever ideas, I'm stealing some of them. Mini-albums are one of my favorite things and this one just ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice Penny! What a creative idea. I've never done a mini album but I sure will soon. I have several small vacations I haven't scrapped about yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea & a great great keepsake of a very happy childhood!! Beautiful work Penny

    ReplyDelete