Friday, January 7, 2011

PaperCutz Challenge #73 and Jif Peanut Butter

Welcome back to PaperCutz Challenges!  We've got another great year of challenges for you .  This week the challenge is to make any kind of project using metal and any colors you would like.  That's where the peanut butter comes in.  You know when you open a fresh jar you have to remove the protective covering?  Well, I save those as they are basically aluminum foil (I do the same with the Folger's Coffee pull-backs).

First, I make sure there is no peanut butter left (LOL) and then I ran it through my Big Shot with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  I guess this is technically a Christmas folder, but I thought it would do well as a general winter card as well.  I tapped black Staz-on onto the embossed image to highlight it (yup, you can see where I tapped a little too hard) and mounted it onto a scalloped nestie using mirror finish paper.  The patterned paper and metal snowflake brads are HOTP; the paper is a collage of winter words - I made sure there were no holiday greetings.  I typed up my sentiment and finished it off with a little bit of silver Stickles and silver edged ribbon.  I'm happy to say it doesn't smell like peanut butter!  This card is already in my box of cards for Operation Write Home.  Please, come and play along with us this week and you will be entered to win the monthly prize!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea using the protective covering! I never thought of keeping them! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect winter card Penny, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win, Penny! I love this frosty card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win!! You will love them!

    ReplyDelete