Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, Christmas is over, we put the tree away today.  This was a tough holiday for me - we are calling it black Christmas.  I stopped working in mid-December due to health and I've been in a bit of a funk.  But, even with a low-key holiday, everyone was pleased and happy to be together.  That's important for me to remember the next time I think I "should" outdo Martha Stewart.  In fact, at the Paper Wishes message board there is a "word challenge" instead of a new year resolution.  I've been thinking and the word that keeps coming to mind is simplify.  Probably won't apply to my craft room, but everywhere else could certainly use some attention.  This Christmas is a great example, we kept  the most important traditions and let the rest go, including the mounds of presents - definitely simplified.  I'm also looking to simplify my home - the older I get the less I like clutter and that is one thing my house is full of.  I grew up with very little, so I tend to hang onto things, but it is time to re-examine and keep the important things, the sentimental things and let the "stuff" go.  A challenge for sure.

I made a card yesterday for Cheryl's store using a Design Line sticker set.  It is a stacked medallion which went together very easily (not hard to cut out).  I like this line of stickers for the quality and value: you get two sheets of the design for $2.00 - can't beat that.

I used vellum and a burgundy glossy paper from Cheryl's for the medallion layers as well as the Nestabilities scalloped circle.  The background paper is HOTP and I finished it off with KaiserCraft black pearls.  Is it to early for Valentine cards?  Hope not - since I have 2 sheets of the design, this one will be on display and I'll make another one for Paul.

3 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Penny. Love the red and grey colors you used. The focal is really nice and I like how detailed it is.

    Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Penny, especially love the vellum, makes a card so luxurious!!

    ReplyDelete