Friday, December 3, 2010

PaperCutz Challenge #70

Happy December everyone!  Just 22 shopping days left until Christmas - isn't that terrifying?  I'm usually done with Christmas and all wrapped by now, but I haven't really even started yet.  The kids will be easy this year - they all want $, so gift cards it is.  When they were younger a little after my youngest was beyond believing, I started having Santa bring the socks and underwear - he'd been getting the credit for the good stuff long enough!  So now, Christmas morning, they have a gift bag from the big guy along with their stockings.  They even get the same bag every year - I wrote their names on it!  Of course, stocking filling is getting pretty expensive too - have you noticed stores advertising "stocking stuffers for under $50"?  The grandkids get the same gift bag from Santa along with a very nice present - I love seeing their faces when they realize Santa stopped at Meme's and Papa's for them too!

This week at Papercutz Challenge you are to make a Christmas project using 2 patterned papers and any colors you would like.  I made another Christmas card using several papers from Kaiser Crafts Christmas line.  I usually like very bright colors for Xmas, but I'm really enjoying working with a more muted palette.

The tree focal is from Echo Park's Card Paper - I've been having a lot of fun using it to create focals.  I used Tim Holtz rock candy crackle paint on the focal - I'm not sure I'm in love with how it turned out, but it definitely aged the piece. The self-adhesive bottom border is also from Kaiser Craft, I just cut around the figures for a different look.  The ribbon is from my stash.  All of the papers I used today are available from Cheryl's store Inspired Designs.  She ships anywhere for the actual cost of the package - no added fees!

Now I just need to get these cards in the mail!  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. hi penny great card ive never used the rock candy crackle great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i love how it turned out. The crackle paint is a very nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card, Penny. I love the crackle effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love it! Thank you so much for stopping by the Passionately Artistic blog and leaving such a nice comment! :) I hope you got to bake for your furbaby! :) It's so easy. Just make cookies for the kiddos and cookies for the furbaby! :)

    ReplyDelete