Monday, July 11, 2011

What an amazing day!

Saturday was a terrific day at my local LSS, Inspired Designs.  Cheryl hosted a fund raiser for a horse rescue group here in Maine and one of the horses spent the day in her backyard.  I had been asked to design 16 cards; 4 each from a different package of stickers.  I don't use a lot of stickers, but these by Penny Black are amazing and were very easy to build a card around.  I'm hoping to post all the cards this week before I send them off to Operation Write Home.  The first set I used was:








I love this set; the colors are rich and vibrant.












The first card uses the stickers as well as Color Story rub-ons with bling.  The paper is Sassafras.  I started with a 5x7 card and cut an inch off the front to allow the border to show. 




I again used a sticker and rub-on for the inside of the card.  We set aside one hour "classes" for folks to assemble their 4 cards.  Doesn't sound like a lot, but all the cutting, measuring and scoring was done for them.
















This card came together quickly.  I popped the image and was able to find a red (HOTP - see the bottom card) to go with the polka dots paper from My Minds Eye to add the two strips.  A ribbon knot and it was done.








 This is one of my favorite cards of the 16.  Again, quick and easy using a Nellie's Die medallion and my current favorite die set - the butterflies from Joy Crafts.  They cut and emboss beautifully, look awesome layered together or pop dotted with their wings bent for dimension.

The paper is Making Memories.  Most of the 2 sided DP I used was the "B" side.  Kind of like our old 45 records...(yes, I am old, you can say it LOL).






This is the fourth card of the set and my least favorite of the 16, I'm just not sure why.  The paper is Red Sponged with Argyle Border from HOTP,  I have lots of the border part left - I'll have to use them for Christmas cards.  The window die is from Heartfelt Creations it is an exclusive to them Spellbinder's Die.  I cut out the middle panes and for the mat, I embossed the die and then cut along the outside edge.  I've been finding lots of ways to use this die - I even cut them up and am left with four corner pieces, which you will see in another card.

I'll be back tomorrow with another pack.

GUEST HOST CHALLENGE:  I am the guest host for a Paper Wishes message board challenge for the next 2 weeks.  Check it out here!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Penny! I don't use stickers a lot either. You did a stunning job! Can't wait to see them all. Karenliz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen Nellie's dies before you started showing them in your stuff. It's nice to see some other options out there & she's got some cute dies.

    Nice cards. My favorite is the one with the cream colored ribbon - it's really pretty.

    The one you don't like would be my second pick. :D I'm guessing that perhaps what you don't like is that other than your butterfly, the design appears a little flat. Perhaps some thin black pen work on the stamped frame would highlight it and give it a bit of visual dimension? Hard to say without trying it. And as I said, I like it as is.

    ReplyDelete