Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Masculine Cards

The second set of cards for the horse rescue program used Penny Black stickers of boats.  They make great masculine cards.  


 The plaid paper is HOTP.  The burgundy frame is what is left over after cutting an oval.  I liked the scallop and cut outs so decided to use it to frame the sticker and grey cardstock.  The corner pieces are actually Design Lines stickers and are small squares.  I cut them in two as a way to help people see supplies can have different uses. 
I used the actual die cut on the inside of the card and cut my sticker in an oval shape to match.  The die I used is again from Nellie's.
 The 2nd card is a gatefold.  I covered it with kraft paper and the blue DP is Little Yellow Bicycle.  The kraft paper is the solid dark blue on the reverse side so I alternated them when cutting the Nellie's medallion.  I covered a piece of chipboard with the DP and added the sticker.  The brad like things you see are called Candi.  They are made of paper and have their own tiny pop dots that fit perfectly.  They come in a lot of colors and are fun to use.  You can't see, but they are also on the bottom of the card. 
For the inside I again used both sides of the kraft paper as mats.


That's it for today.  Have a wonderful day and create something wonderful!














Most of the cards have no sentiment, but here I used one from Outline Stamps.  If you can have a favorite sympathy sentiment, than this one is mine.  I used the same yellow plaid DP from HOTP.  The saying is embossed on dark gray cardstock with Zing gold embossing powder and matted on a red plaid strip which came from the same paper as the yellow.  This paper is actually one of their school line, but I cut it up to use the pieces I wanted.

The sailboat is matted on the same gray cardstock which is edged with a gold leafing pen.  I also again cut a sticker in half for the 2 corner treatments.





 This final card of the set starts with dark green cardstock and DP from Kaisercraft.  The paper as a whole has a cute owl in the bottom left corner, but I was able to cut pieces for these cards from the top.  The sticker is matted on peach cardstock and I used Design Adhesives by Clear Snap and then used a brown Foil Glitter Flock sheet from We Are Memory Keepers.  I'm sorry to say that company has stopped carrying this line!  They make added glitter, flock and foil easy with no mess.  Simply lay them over the adhesive and rub.  I have a small stash, and when it is gone I'll be back to glitter and flock everywhere (including the dog) LOL.  The border pieces are from K & Company.  Because they were designed for scrapbooking, I was able to get three pieces from each border.
The inside of the card was matted and embellished the same way with the addition of 2 Candi on either side of the sentiment.

2 comments:

  1. These are great cards! I love HOTP! I nominated u for an award so please stop by my blog and pick it up!

    Tisha
    http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you get so much done! I am jealous LOL! I've had time to craft lately but haven't felt like it, I think the mojo went missing. Fantastic masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete