Friday, June 24, 2011

PaperCutz Challenge #97 and BLOG HOP alert!

Happy Friday everyone!  It is raining again here in Maine and yesterday was a balmy 63 degrees.  Definitely not our average summer.  However, this week's PaperCutz Challenge should make things a little brighter.  The challenge is to make a project using pink, orange, white and a little black.  Interesting combination isn't it?  I took some liberties with "a little black" to make this card:
My photography, as always, doesn't do justice to the vibrancy of the colors.  The pink and orange in the focal are microbeads which I coated with glossy accents so they wouldn't rub off.  It changed their look a bit, but since this card is destined for Operation Write Home, I figured it needed it.  I love these papers from My Mind's Eye; part of the "Dusk" portion of the Meadow Lark by Carina Gardner.  They are available here (don't let her blog throw you off - she is open for business and you can contact her through the blog).

I have a confession, I have a lot of difficulty cutting into paper I love - cause then it is gone and I can't look at it any more.  I'm a clinical social worker, so I officially know this is a problem!  LOL  So, to save myself the angst the paper I actually used came from the cover piece to the paper pack.  This is what I'm talking about:
Problem solved:  beautiful card and intact paper - brilliant!  You definitely need to look into this line, the tag sheet shown at top is just wonderful for scrapping or card making.  I'm trying to look at all of my stash differently and use what I have, including packaging which sometimes is as beautiful as the product.  

BLOG HOP ALERT!!!!
Next week, PaperCutz Challenge is having our first ever blog hop.  We are very excited to be doing this and hoping everyone will stop by each of the design team's blogs and leave some love.  The PCC site will be offering blog candy and I am looking to create a package of blog candy here - perhaps if I can make it to 50 followers during the hop.

As always, have a great week and please leave a comment, I love to read them and will come visit your blog as well.

1 comment:

  1. Love your card Penny! I have the same problem with paper thats why I have so much!

    ReplyDelete