Friday, August 26, 2011

PaperCutz Challenge #106, Wish Upon a Star

Happy Friday everyone.  Well, we are preparing for Hurricane Irene up here.  I'm sure the stores are full of folks stocking up.  She is expected late Saturday night.

Well, this week we are going to "Wish Upon a Star" by creating a project using stars and any color or theme you would like.  I created a star shaped card and used a star covered paper.  I wish I could give credit to where I first saw this card idea, but I was blog surfing and can't remember and couldn't find where it came from (sorry!).  It is a fairly simple card to construct.
 As always, my picture taking doesn't do justice to the creation!  I used gold metallic cardstock (DCWV) for the base and a dark gray with foil stars for PP.  I used gold metallic vellum for matting and for the star which I heat-embossed with Gold Stupendous EP.  I outlined all of the outside lines with a gold leafing pen when I finished.  As you can see by the inside, I didn't let the leafing dry enough before I started to handle the card - it left streaks.
The card opens out giving plenty of room for a sentiment, more embellies if wanted and a message.  I stamped the happy birthday sentiment using gold EP and outlined the inner triangle with border stickers from Flower Soft.  I thought of stamping more stars on the white framing sections, but decided that would be too much.  If anyone would be interested in how to make this card, let me know.


This card is headed to Alex, my son who will be turning 23 soon.  It's the end of August which means the kids are heading back to school.  This year, we only have 3 left in college.  Alex will finish his Master's in Chemical Engineering; Toni will finish up her degree in Electrical Engineering and Ben has 3 semesters left for a degree in Economics.  Andy graduated earlier this year and is happily settled in Buffalo, NY working in his field of psychology.  Rocky and Chris have chosen different paths than college; but I secretly hope one or the other will go back to school at some point.  Chances are very good that when the other 3 finish up, they will no longer be calling Maine "home"; I'm trying to look at the bright side - potentially fantastic vacation sites with different LSS to visit!

Please play along with us this week and, as always, I appreciate comments!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Love this shape card. Congrats on your children's bright future. How exciting to have them in college! I hope and pray my girls will go to college as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Wish you could remember where you saw it as I'd love to see how it's constructed more in-depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super card i would like to see how it is made. thanks

    ReplyDelete