Friday, August 19, 2011

PaperCutz Challenge #105, down at the farm

Good morning everyone. It's been a while since I have posted, my apologies, but life got in the way!

This week at Papercutz Challenge, the theme is to make a craft project with the theme "Down on the Farm" using any colors or theme you would like.  Now having grown up in big city, Boston, I don't have a lot of familiarity with fams and I have almost no craft supplies.  However I do have this cute boy stamp from I Brake for Stamps; he's got a straw hat and a rake, certainly that's  a little "farmish" don't you think?
I colored everything but his clothes with Copics and decided to paper-piece his clothes.  I stamped parts of him again on scrap pieces of paper, cut them out and glued them down.  I consider myself to still be a Copic beginner and I really enjoy paper piecing.  In person he is very cute.  I was all done and feeling proud of myself when I realized he was holding a bag of seed corn!  I solved that problem with my Tonic leaf punch and the vibrant leaf  paper from HOTP.  Finished it off with the Autumn rub-on from Scenic Route Paper, the cool fibers and the leaf charm from my stash.   All in all, not too bad.

Join us this week, won't you?

As always, I love to read comments.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little farmer boy, Penny! Love your wonderful card...I'm ready for Fall, are you?
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete