Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Card without the hearts

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope all your driveways are shoveled out just in time for 2 more storms tomorrow and Monday!  We are running out of places to put it all.

This week at PaperCutz Challenge our challenge is to make a layout, card or project for Valentine's Day without using hearts, using any colors you would like.

For my card, I used a modified Bargello technique.  I took scraps from a leftover project (more on that in another post) and glued them together on a sheet of copy paper.  I then stamped and embossed in white various flowers.  To finish up I cut the paper into 1" strips and the strips into 1" squares arranged them in a grid and glued them to the front of my card; all papers and flower stamps are HOTP.  I used a package of Flower soft lines to outline the grid in gold and stamped/embossed the sentiment, from Outlines, in gold.  I finished it all off with my circle ribbon punch (available here ).  Ribbon is from my stash.  I haven't always been sold on this technique but I do like the looks of this card.

Please, join along in this week's challenge and you could be eligible to win the monthly prize!

1 comment:

  1. Nice card, Penny! And thanks for your comment about my tissue paper cards. I'm glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete