Thursday, September 16, 2010

PaperCutz Challenge #59

This week the PaperCutz Challenge is to make a card, layout or other project with a Halloween theme using no black or orange.  All of my Halloween paper has black and/or orange on it, so that was out.  I needed to take a different angle.  I used a digi stamp from Sew Many Cards which I printed out twice.  The distinctive thing with each of this company's images is they each have a patch or two in the design.  I couldn't seem to incorporate them into my design, so the alterations are mine and don't reflect on Sew Many Cards!

I cut apart one of the images into four pieces, ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and then used loose glitter on the sticky side.  I then coated each of the pieces with Inkessentials Glossy Accents.  This card is going to my dau who is away at College; I didn't think she would appreciate getting a card that "shed" glitter all over the place.  I then glued the pieces on the second image to complete my focal.  The patterned paper is from K&Company and I checked closely, there is no orange or black.  The photo doesn't show the color well, but the second layer is lime green and the bottom layer a bright purple.  I printed the sentiment using purple ink and then ran lines of 1/8' scor-tape and added more purple glitter.  The hat was pop-dotted and I finished off with a purple fiber from HOTP.  The inside has the sentiment of "Wear it!  Happy Halloween" layered on the green and purple cardstock.  My scrap room and my dog are covered in green and purple glitter, but that's all part of the fun.

It's your turn now!  Please play along with us and post your creation at the PaperCutz Challenge blog for a chance to be entered in the grand prize drawing at the end of the month!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. oh so fun!! What a great glittery card for this week DT!!! Love it!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card, love all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Penny. I love all the sparkle and shine you put into that hat. We were all into the purple and green color combo on the DT, weren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo, I love that hat....it's stunning. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out so good Penny. That's an interesting challenge..no orange or black for a Halloween card. Might need to think about that one for a bit! Nice Job on your card and the sentiment is too cute.

    TTYL
    Jen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card for this week's challenge Penny...love the glitter!!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete