Thursday, September 30, 2010

Firecracker Designs Digi Stamp Guest Designer

If you are looking for the Paper Wishes blog hop, click here!

I was thrilled to be selected as a guest designer for Firecracker Designs by Pamela.  I will be working with a few of her digi stamps and will post a new design each Friday.  I am very sorry to hear she is closing her store, but life has a way of rearranging priorities.  Her close-out sale starts October 1 (today) and her last sale day will be mid-December.  I am doing digital stamps, but I have many of her rubber stamp sets and I enjoy using them!

  My first card uses Pumpkin Head which was a fun design to work with. 

I colored him with Copic markers and I am the first to admit, I am a beginner at coloring!  I wanted more of a playful rather than scary, so he is done in light colors.  I colored a second head and skull, cut them out and popped them for depth.  I also used P K Glitz glitter in the pumpkin's facial features and the skull's one eye.  I didn't do this yet, but I think before I mail this to one of my kids away at college I will use glossy accents on the glitter to keep it in one place (my boys never look at my blog, so I'm safe posting a picture. LOL).  The sentiments are part of the digi set; I printed them out tore them and edged them with metallic purple ink.

I love easel cards, they are easy to make and are a great presentation.  I ran the purple layer through my Big Shot using the Swiss Dots folder for texture, then added the zig zag paper (I've had it for at least a year and don't know who's it is - if you know, please leave a comment and I will add it) and the last layer is bright orange.  Some ribbon from WalMart finished it off.

I hope you like him!  I'll be back next week with a project using another of Pamela's wonderful images.

1 comment:

  1. Penny - this is GREAT!! Thanks so much for using one of my drawings this week! He really looks like he is ready for the Halloween Party! Too much FUN!

    ReplyDelete