Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catch up!

It is amazing how quickly time flies!  I can't believe I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks, but I've been busy with work and family; the kids went back to college on Sunday, so I have an empty nest again.  I'll miss them, but it's nice to have time for myself and hubby!

I am very excited to have been selected for the Papercutz Challenge Design Team!  My first card will be posted this Friday for challenge #57, I am a little nervous so some feedback will be terrific!

In the meantime, I have been busy working on some cards, mainly for Inspired Designs my LSS.  If you go to her blog, you will notice that it hasn't been updated in a while, but she is still going strong!  She puts so much energy into the store, her blog has been left behind.  However, you can get in touch with her through the blog and she does do on-line ordering.  She has a bunch of terrific new things in the store and I have loved playing with them!  First off is Outline Stamps, this card is from their Posy collection; I created the paper using Adirondack inks and a cardstock weight vellum then stamped and cut out the 4 sizes of the flower as well as a Posy Greetings Center stamp - they are made to fit perfectly in the center of a flower.  The beautiful vine on the background is also an Outline stamp.  I finished it off with some fibers and Stickles - gotta have the bling!





This stamp is Sparkle Design.  It is just beautiful!  It took about an hour and a half to color it with markers while DH and I were watching a movie.  You can't tell in the picture, but the petals with the red circles and the center flower are popped with foam tape to add dimension.  I made it into a shaped card with the sentiment on the inside.  I think this stamp has a lot of potential for different cards by using just parts of it.  I'll have to post any ideas I finish.


That's it for today!  I'll post tomorrow with the other new "toys" I got to play with, some great new dies!  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment