Monday, July 26, 2010

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #27

I'm definitely coming late to the party, but I recently discovered Operation Write Home which is a group of crafters who make cards to send to deployed troops from all services to facilitate keeping in touch with friends and family. I think this is just AWESOME! When I was deployed, we didn't have this, but it would have been terrific if we had. We did get "any soldier/sailor" letters which were always a lot of fun to read.

Anyway, this is the sketch created by Martha, her blog is: Peachy Papercrafting.

And this is my version of the sketch:
The papers are DCWV, Bazzill cardstock and stamps from HOTP. I just got Smooch and I highlighted the tree with it - I'm already in love with Smooch! I have 10 colors and may just have to paint my dog, Nugget.

If you haven't already, please check out Operation Write Home and if you can help out with this wonderful effort - go for it!

I am thrilled to have gained new followers in the last week! Thank you so much! As always, thanks for coming by and I look forward to your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Glad you are enjoying your new smooch products. But please, on behalf of Nugget don't use them on him. LOL Its probably more fun to use them on your cards anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and thank you for your service...nice to see you on OWH challenges!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the Tree.
    How about a pawprint from Nugget, that would be a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card....reminds me to stop Halloween and do some OWH Christmas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny
    This is a great card. Is it by chance being made for the 50-50 challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I haven't tried the Smooch yet. May have to pick up some!

    ReplyDelete