Welcome to the Paper Wishes BLOG HOP - we are so glad you are here to help us celebrate World Card Making Day! Some card making day trivia for you:
- Today, card making is a worldwide hobby, especially popular in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 1 in 6 U.S. households participates in making cards
- 86% of scrapbookers also create handmade cards
- 92% of paper crafters create cards more than any other type of project
Be sure to check out all the blogs in this blog hop, as well as visit the Paper Wishes message board as there are tons of things going on there today, all sponsored by Paper Wishes, with loads and loads of great prize packages! You don’t want to miss a chance to win!
This blog hop gives you TWO ways to win!!!
First – leave a comment on ALL THE BLOGS and a random drawing will be done to choose the winner, who will get a prize package from Paper Wishes.
Second – play H.O.T.P. (Hot Off The Press) bingo with us.
- Visit each blogger on the blog hop to find their bingo square. (Make a note of the blog name for each square too!)
- Click on this link to find the official BINGO CARD. (If you aren’t a member of the Paper Wishes message board yet, you are not only missing loads of fun but you may need to register to access the bingo card!)
- To win, you will need to make a bingo (4 squares in a row, horizontal, vertical or diagonal) by doing what it shows in each square. There are some free squares; there are some where you just have to post something specific on the message board, and there are some that tell you to use something. Where it tells you to USE something, that means to make a project (any kind of papercrafting project – a card, an ATC, a bookmark, a tag, etc.) with the item listed in that square.
- When you have your BINGO ready, follow these directions:
- Go to the Paper Wishes Message Board and click on “post reply” on THIS THREAD.
- In your reply tell us the four squares you are using for your bingo.
- Tell us the square number AND the name of the blog for any squares you are using that were mentioned on a blog.
- Post the items for each square in your reply, including a picture of the project you made for any square with directions to USE something.
- We will randomly select a winner from all the correct bingo entries! Be sure that we have either your blog address or your email so that we know how to contact you if you are a winner!!!
- Your bingo must be posted to the Paper Wishes message board not later than midnight U.S. eastern time, Sunday, October 2nd to be eligible for the prize drawing!
The BINGO SQUARE FOR THIS BLOG IS: _08_
Here are all the participating blogs for this blog hop:
Penny >>>>>>>> YOU ARE HERE!
So on with the fun – it doesn’t matter where you start the blog hop, just see where you are on the list above and make sure you visit them all and leave some sweetness behind!
Now that we've got the "business" end of the hop out of the way - here are some cards I have made using products from Paper Wishes.
The background was made by spraying white paper with Goosebumps and when dry rubbing orange ink all over it. Very simple, but a great look; I stamped the image with Staz-on. The papers and ribbon are from Paper Wishes.
I used many different Halloween papers to make the background weaving - it's amazing what you can do while watching tv! The brad buddy is from the Paper Wishes Finished in a Flash Halloween set as are the brads and ribbon. I had enough of the woven piece to make several cards - it's a pretty cool look.
This card used one of my very favorite PW supplies - the Color Me papers. I simply cut the 12x12 sheet to size needed and sponged on Distress Inks by Ranger. I finished it off with a mini collage and polka dot ribbon. The colors are more vibrant in person.
I love to read comments, so please take a moment to let me know what you think of my blog! Enjoy the rest of the hop and don't forget to play along with all the great challenges on the Message Board today!