Today I will be showing how to make a triangle or "tee pee" card. I first learned how to do this at my friend's LSS, Inspired Designs. It is a very simple card to make. Since this is my first tut, any and all constructive feedback is more than welcome!
Patterned paper - I used Winter Delights from HOTP
Cardstock - my PP is lightweight so I needed cardstock for a base layer so the card would stand.
1 sheet green glitter paper
1 small piece of hook and loop tape
Embellishments as desired.
1. Cut 3 each of 4x4" cardstock and 3 5/8x 3 5/8" PP
2. I also cut 3 4x4" of green glitter cardstock. Using my cutter I cut a 1/2" border all around. This is an optional step, but I usually cut out the centers of my layers and put the rest in my scraps folder.
3. Assemble the 3 layers as shown. The 3 completed pieces need to be scored on the diagonal. I use a MS score board and you can see the line I drew with a Sharpie down the 6" channel. I use this to line up my papers for diagonal scoring - it makes it quick and easy for me.
4. Put one piece face down on your work surface with the diagonal placed vertically and apply tape where shown. I used score tape so you could see. Normally I would use my ATG; just make sure the adhesive is strong.
5. Attach the other 2 pieces as shown. It is important to line up the pieces and insure the diagonal lines are going in the right direction. In the photo I have made the diagonal lines black and inked the edges red for clarity. Make sure you butt the 2nd and 3rd pieces up to the score line of your first piece.
6. The assembled pieces should look like this:
7. Apply the hook and loop tape. Keep the tape together and apply one side to the upper left hand corner on the back of your card (hard to see in the photo). Fold the card into place and adhere the second piece of tape on the right front of the card as shown. If you kept the tape together it will match up perfectly.
8. The completed, standing card.
To embellish the card I used HOTP pointsettias and a red gem brad from my stash. The sentiment is HOTP embossed with Judikins white EP. I used Nellie's eastern rectangle to cut the sentiment and glitter paper, layered them and adhered with foam tape.
To mail: unhook the tape and fold the card flat - it will fit into a 5x6 1/2" envelope.
Thanks for stopping by - and remember I love comments!