Monday, May 30, 2011

Heart felt Creations

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  A special thank-you to all those who have served in the Armed Forces or have lived through a loved one's deployment into harm's way.  A special heartfelt thank you to those who have lost a service member.  I will never forget those who answered the ultimate call to duty for their country.  It's easy to say "freedom isn't free", its much more difficult to put your life on the line everyday for that belief.  As a disabled veteran myself, I know that the cost of service for our country is often a life-long challenge for the veteran and those they left behind.

I have been busy playing with absolutely wonderful stamps from a new to me company Heartfelt Creations.  They have beautiful floral stamps with a twist - many of their designs have matching dies for cutting.  The blooms either work with an existing Spellbinder's die or they are a Spellbinder's exclusive for the stamps.

I found out last fall my daughter had a tattoo!  I know they are very common, but with five boys as well as Toni, I never thought it would be her.  I decided to do a page about this and used blossom's from Heartfelt to make a feminine feel to the page.

The main papers are from HOTP and they are flocked - I finally decided to use them instead of just "petting" them.  Toni's tattoo is actually the initials for her and her 3 brothers.  She knows they always have her back, so she decided to always have them with her.  I must admit, I cried when she told me why she picked "brat" for a tattoo.
 These are closeups of the flowers.  All are heartfelt with the exception of the 2 small pink ones in the second picture.  They were made from dies by Ecstasy Crafts.  The stamps from Heartfelt are easy to use on DP, vellum or cardstock.  You can layer them as is or as I did with the light blue and purple ones in the second picture, I cut off the back petal from the stamp to get an entirely different look.

These flowers also make wonderful card focals.  Another set is Daffy Daffodils and I made this card from them:

The three daffs on the border are one stamp and what I really appreciate is the stamp of a single daff which you can use for accent.  It isn't easily seen, but I stamped the daff head tone on tone on the yellow DP (DVWV).  I colored the images with Copic markers and foam taped them over the images for some dimension on the card.

All of the stamps are available from Inspired Designs.

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful long weekend.  Here in Maine, we finally have some sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous!! I especially like the colors of the card!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete