Friday, November 19, 2010

PaperCutz Challenge #68

It's Friday again!  This week at PaperCutz the challenge is to make a Christmas project with lots of bling.  I chose glitter and Stickles as my bling of choice.  Just a side note, by the time I was done, my whole house was glittered, including Nugget!  I used the lint roller on her and I didn't get hair, just red and green glitter.

The stickers I used are from Stampendous and are red mirror pointsettias and green holly leaves.  I turned the stickers over and applied glitter to the adhesive.  After I sprinkled the glitter on, I covered the stickers with another piece of paper and used a brayer to insure even coverage.  When I use glitter like this, I always spray it with a clear acrylic sealer to keep the glitter on the card and not all over the recipient's house.  I'm able to keep more friends that way.  I've had the paper I used forever and don't know where its from, but it is red and green double sided.  I cut a narrow red frame from a piece, put it on the card and then turned it over and used the rest of the piece - it gives a nice border and I only needed one piece of paper for the card.  I used yellow Stickles for the middle of the flowers and as accent for the sentiment.  The sentiment is from HOTP and I used white embossing powder from Judikins.
It is very shiny in person and has a bit of dimension.  If you look real close, you can see one of Nugget's hairs on a pointsettia - I didn't notice until I uploaded the picture.  I'll make sure it isn't there before I mail it out.

We'd love to see what you come up with for the challenge!  Make sure you use Mr. Linky at the Papercutz site to be eligible for November's prize!

Not sure if I will get a chance to post before, so Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours; may you have a safe and happy day!  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, I still hope you have a safe and happy day and I hope you spend it crafting.  Me, I'm cooking and then cleaning up for 12 and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment