Friday, October 29, 2010

PaperCutz Challenge #65

Wow, another week come and gone!  I hate to admit it, but I'm getting old - time flies by so quickly!  This week at PaperCutz Challenge make a card, LO or craft project for Breast Cancer Awareness using any colors you'd like. We tend to think of pink ribbons for breast cancer awareness, but any message of hope or support is what's needed.  For Challenge 63 I made a Halloween card for awareness and this week I went with a more traditional approach.

I started with PP from HOTP and used the large Stampin' Up medallion with gold embossing powder to create the background.  I stamped this wonderful lady (I use her A LOT!) and embossed with black and cut her out. I did use a traditional pink ribbon and jazzed it up with some bling (creative imaginations).


I don't usually show the inside of my cards, but I think this one came out really well.  I repeated the background paper and embossed and cut out three more feathers with a little bling.  I distressed the edges of everything with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  When I look at this card I think of the song "I am woman" especially the "hear me roar" chorus.

So, for all my friends and readers, take the time to do self-exams and get mammograms per the guidelines.  Let's not forget men can be afflicted with this disease as well.  So, this week let's make sure we "save the girls and save the boys!

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The gold detail is beautiful with the colors you chose - Wonderful card!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for this week's challenge Penny...love the embossing!!
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your gold embossing! Such a classy card!
    Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Penny. Love the gold embossed medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just absolutely love this card!! It is beautiful with a great message!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this card is spoken for but I would have happily swapped you one Cousin's Wedding Card for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure wish I could emboss like that! Thanks for your comments on my blog. My post schedule keeps me busy, but gives me some direction in choosing ideas to post. And I'm glad you liked the instructions for the bookmark card. It's one of those things that's a bit unexpected and adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for giving this card for my sister who just had a double masectomy 3 weeks ago....she loved the card!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete